A fiduciary is any investment professional or financial advisor who is required by law and practice to act solely in the interests of and with undivided loyalty to their clients. A fiduciary’s advice and recommendations must align with your specific objectives, timeframe and risk tolerance. When managing your assets, a fiduciary must strive for an optimal balance of risk and return. That person must exercise care, skill, diligence and objectivity in evaluating, recommending and reviewing investment options.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR INVESTMENT ADVISOR:
- Will you act as a fiduciary in all scenarios when managing my portfolio or plan assets?
- What fiduciary training have you received? Do you hold any designations focused on fiduciary practices?
- What services do you provide to help clients meet their fiduciary obligations?
- Please disclose and describe any potential conflicts of interest.
- Describe your total compensation or fees received for your proposed services.