- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk mild pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean(R))
- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk hot pork sausage (such as Jimmy Dean(R))
- 1 (16 ounce) package plain croutons
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, or as needed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place the pork sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the sausage, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks, until the sausage is thoroughly mixed together and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain grease, and transfer the sausage to a large bowl. Mix in the croutons, oysters, celery, eggs, and onion until thoroughly combined. Mix together the reserved oyster liquid and enough chicken broth to total 2 cups in a bowl, and pour into the dressing; stir in the butter. Transfer the dressing into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, browned, and the oysters are cooked, about 30 minutes.