Servings: 12 (double recipe if larger crowd is expected)
- Kosher salt
- 1 10-ounce bag baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil (not dry spice)
- ¾ cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed dry, and finely chopped w/sharp knife.
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (buy block/grate yourself)
- ¾ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese (buy block/shred yourself).
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Dipping chips or Pita Bread
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare a bowl of ice water. Stir spinach and basil into boiling water and cook about 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon and immediately plunge it in the ice water. Drain and squeeze dry, then roughly chop.
- Puree the beans, cream cheese, garlic, and chicken broth in your food processor until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl, and fold in the spinach and basil, chopped artichokes, parmesan cheese, and ½ cup mozzarella (final ¼ cup used later). Add Cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Mist a deep 1-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread the dip mixture in the dish, and top with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella. Bake until golden, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with chips, Pita bread, etc.